The market for microscope digital cameras was estimated at US$ 484.8 million in 2017 and is projected to reach US$ 1.098.9 million by 2026 for a CAGR of 9.6 per cent over the 2018-2026 forecast period. Digital microscopes are differentiated from traditional optical microscopes and use optics and digital cameras to output images to the monitor or to run software on the computer. This microscope uses computer power to view objects that are not visible to the naked eye. The primary drivers of market growth are technological advances in digital microscope cameras, cost-effectiveness of devices, and an increase in the number of research activities coupled with increasing demand from hospitals & clinics, research & academic institutions, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies.
Digital microscopes are superior to other types of microscopes such as compound light microscope, stereomicroscope, USB computer microscope, pocket microscope, electron microscope (EM), scanning probe microscope (SPM) and acoustic microscope, as they have the ability to record moving images that can be e-mailed or easily monitored for longer duration. In order to function, digital microscopes require at least one power source. Technological integration including 3D illumination, image-sharing functions, among others, eliminates the need to purchase additional equipment or devices. Digital cameras that incorporate modern features transform microscopes into digital systems. Digital microscopy will remain valuable and on-screen inspection systems will gain greater traction among users over the next nine years. Few digital cameras are integrated with monitors which eliminate the need for an external monitor. Simple calibration software enables the operator to capture, save, and measure images accurately. Several color cameras and autofocus cameras allow operators to make a variety of white balance (WB), exposure, brightness / contrast / sharpness and freeze frame adjustments. Modern cameras come with a USB flash drive and internal measurement software, which eliminates the need for a computer.
- Globally, the market for digital microscope cameras has shown a healthy growth with a CAGR of 9.6 percent over the forecast period from 2018 to 2026.
- Based on the product, industrial microscope cameras are likely to have the fastest growth in the market in the near future due to the increasing demand for industrial microscopes from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for measuring, quality control, inspection and welding and manufacturing processes.
- Based on the type of sensor, the CCD (Charge-coupled Device) segment would have a higher market share from 2018 to 2026, as these sensors produce high-quality, low-noise images compared to CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor).
- Among the mount type, the C-mount segment is likely to introduce a profitable CAGR and maintain its position over the forecast period as it has a highly used type of lens mounting in machine vision applications and a very wide range of lenses and accessories.
- The presence of key market players, sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and increased research-oriented programs in the U.S. and Canada has been attributed to North America’s dominance over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific will record phenomenal CAGR over the next nine years due to increasing penetration by multinational players, increasing research activities, and rising healthcare spending in India, China, Japan, and Australia.
- Major players are Olympus Corporation; Nikon Corporation; Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.; Roper Technologies, Inc.; Carl Zeiss AG; BMS Microscopes b.v.; HIROX Co., Ltd.; KEYENCE CORPORATION; Leica Microsystems; and Vision Engineering Ltd.
[Browse full report: “Microscope Digital Cameras Market Size”]
Key research study highlights comprise:
- Exhaustive research and analysis of the global MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS industry
- The key market segments along have been explained in the report thoroughly along with their existing and estimated market size
- Major elements of market dynamics such as drivers, challenges and opportunities and their effect on MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS market is also covered in the report
- Key players operating in the market are profiled and accompanied with the competitive landscape evaluated on the basis of product offering & business strength
- Cross sectional analysis of each region covering individual segments for the forecast period 2018 – 2018 in terms of value (US$Mn)
Research methodology applied for this study:
The methodology of this research study includes primary and secondary research for defining the market size, shares and forecast for global MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS market specific to key segments, and regional segmentation.
- Secondary Research
Secondary research was initiated with data collected through sources such as press releases, company annual reports, and relevant documents focusing on the current developments in the global MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS market. Authentic sources such as university research papers, scientific journals, and government websites were similarly screened for identifying business opportunities in several geographical markets and penetration of various products/services in these geographies. Paid databases were excavated to assemble information beneficial for broad commercial study of the key players operating in MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS market. In case lack of data availability on the public domain, we used estimation models to arrive at comprehensive data sets. Secondary research helped to create a firm base to build market size, analyze trends, and understand the dynamics of MICROSCOPE DIGITAL CAMERAS market study.
- Primary Research
The exhaustive secondary research practiced was supported & validated by extensive primary research. Primary research was carried out with the help of e-mail interactions, telephonic interviews, as well as face-to-face interviews with the leading industry stakeholders.
Credence Research is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives. Over almost a century, we’ve manufactured a firm extraordinarily prepared to this task.
Credence Research Inc.
105 N 1st ST #429
Toll Free (US/CANADA): +1-800-361-8290