The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Global In- Vitro ADME Services Market – Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, and Forecast, 2016 – 2023,” the Global In- Vitro ADME Services market was valued at USD 2,316.5 Mn in 2015, and is expected to reach USD 3,859.1Mn by 2023.
ADME stands for absorption, distribution metabolism and elimination a pharmacokinetic concept used to describe the metabolism of drugs in the body. The ADME properties of any particular drug allow the manufacturer to understand the safety and efficacy of the drug that was further needed for regulatory approval. Such specific methods aid in the understanding of drug quality in the human body or tissue and assist in toxicity testing instead of the conventional use of animal testing.
The traditional drug development process is time consuming and there is also a possibility that toxicity and effectiveness trials in the in vivo environment may fail at a later stage in the human body. ADME toxicity screening at the initial stage of drug development is therefore favored to further reduce the time, expense and drug approval process, which is the driving factor for the industry.
In-Vitro ADME Services are classified by type as Solution Materials, Drug Absorption & Transportation, Drug Metabolism and Drug-Drug Interaction. Outside the group, drug absorption and transport accounted for the largest market share of In-Vitro ADME Services due to increased demand for cost-effective drug absorption services and continued development in the study of drug absorption methods in preclinical trials.
Based on the type, the Global In-Vitro ADME Services Market is segmented as follows:
- Solution Properties
- Drug Absorption and Transport
- Drug Metabolism
- Drug- Drug Interaction
In the current market situation, Europe is the growing regional market for In-Vitro ADME Products, followed by North America and Asia Pacific. Intensive research and development activities in the field of drug discovery and drug metabolism at the academic level are key factors driving the Europe In-Vitro ADME market.
Since the outsourcing of bio-processing activities of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is taking place from developed to developing markets such as Asia-Pacific, Brazil. Thus, emerging economies are in the budding market for research and development due to cost-effectiveness and reduced timeline.
Market Competition Assessment:
Key players in the global In- Vitro ADME Services systems market are
Absorption Systems LP, Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI), Aptagen, LLC, BIOalternatives SA, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC/ MilliporeSigma, BioTeSys GmbH, Calvert Labs, XenoTech, LLC, Cyprotex PLC, Cyprotex PLC, Solvo Biotechnology, TNO, WuXiAppTec, Centrillion Technology Holdings Ltd, In Vitro ADMET Laboratories, LLC, Covance, Inc, Quintiles IMS Holdings, Inc, Optivia Biotechnology Inc., PharmaronBeijing Company Ltd., Quest Pharmaceutical Services Holdings LLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., EurofinsCerep SA, Admescope, Agilux, Alliance Pharma, BD Biosciences, Frontage Laboratories, Microconstants, Inc
Key Market Movements:
- Raising ethical concern regarding animal for toxicity testing, regulatory bodies and government initiative to shift from animal toxicity testing towards in vitro methods
- With advancement in R&D, In-vitro ADME is comprehensive and new technology platform in drug designing and screening which help in obtaining better efficacy and safety profile of the drug thus reducing the attrition rate over the decade
- There is need to create a database to monitor the toxicity effect and drug pathway through the in vitro or in silico method, this act as major driver for the ADME in vitro market
- Evolution of Pre-clinical ADME toxicity plays significant role in drug discovery and development process, aiding the venture capitalist to take financial decision w.r.t scientific decision regarding a drug discovery firm